Thursday, June 7, 2012

Empowering motherhood: moms helping moms!

Things have been really hard for me lately! I decided to keep persuading my profession here in the states, so I am trying to study at least 6 hours daily while I keep doing chores, take care of Pinky who got really sick, ear infection, for almost a week and is still recovering, driving hubby to different places, and making time to go to the gym. Believe me that I am trying to prioritize around here, like the house is a MESS, the gym had to stop for about a week and my study schedule has been changing a LOT!!! All this, makes this mommy not the best one to be around.

Lets be sincere moms, I was so tired that I couldn’t stand anymore complains, cries, talks, or calls (mommy, mom, maaa, mommy!!!) I was feeling so bad that I had to Google: Why I can’t stand being a mom anymore. Yeap! I did it! I never thought I would be able to do that. What I was thinking? Well, let me tell you that I am NOT the only mom that have thought about this, although I believed I was. There are many more moms that had or are having a motherhood carrier crisis, too! (yes, this is our job and not an easy one). Don’t get me wrong! I LOVE my daughter more than anything, she is the best blessing, silly, smart, cute, lovely and beautiful little girl ever. But I was feeling that I couldn’t handle the whole situation anymore. I was mentally and physically tired.   

I am not here to point who is a great mom or who doesn’t, because ALL OF US mom have different lives situations and experiences. I am are here just to share the motherhood situations, challenges, feelings, experiences and FRUSTRATIONS we all go thru. I am are here to speak up, and let you know: We are NOT superheroes, superwomen, magicians, genies, or statues. We don’t have supernatural powers! We are beautiful HUMANS! It is ok to feel, it is ok to cry, to scream, to feel down, to feel restless, frustrated, to feel like giving it up. And it is ok, at some point, to question yourself and your role as a mom. Believe me, that doesn’t makes you a bad mom!!!  

Does the next questions sounds familiar??? (summary from some Mommies comments I read on a blog post I found while searching the question above). Do you love your kids but you are in that point where you can’t stand them anymore? Are you wondering if you are depress? crazy? getting insane? a bad mom? needing parenting therapies? that your parenting skills really suck? That you can’t handle anymore tantrums, cries, fights, complains, noises, back talks, messes or whinnings.  Are you tired of giving he/she all your time, love, comprehension just to receive the same results? Are you worry about what others would think or say about you? Are you worried that nobody would understand you?

Can you hear others saying: What, you can’t stand your own children? What kind of mother are you? He/she is your own! But, he/she is such a cutie pie, an angel, so well-behave. Why did you have kids on the first hand? You are not the first or last mom, so maybe you need to stop complaining! Are you loosing it with just one kid? two? You need to have more patience. You need to control yourself.  

Yes, mommies! I think those sounds familiar to some of you (as I said, every mom have a different life situation).

The problem here is NOT us, it’s our society. People expect too much from us which makes us to build up an unconscious stress pushing our own selves. This takes me to the point were we moms keep hiding or suppressing our feelings and thoughts. We hide them from our family, neighbors, friends, and, mostly, from other fellows moms because of guilt, shame, pride, judgment, or lack of intimacy and honesty.

Hey! WE Moms Need Other MOMS!!! There’s not other person that can understand our motherhood frustrations than another mom. Each stage of our precious babies life brings more challenges and, with that, more experiences and knowledge. And those are the best gifts we are able to share with other mommies that are behind us. Maybe, that’s the motherhood therapy we all are needing! MOMS HELPING MOMS!

bisabuelas

S.p.e.a.k - u.p!!! 

“When God thought of mother, He must have laughed with satisfaction, and framed it quickly—
so rich, so deep, so divine, so full of soul, power, and beauty, was the conception.”
~ Henry Ward Beecher

 

Note1: Photo- My great-grandmother on the right with her 3 sisters, RIP

Note2: Pinky is doing better and so is her mommy. We are enjoying some laying-back moments together.

Ok….I am debating if I publish this post or not….however, I think it will help another mommy looking for some encouraging words and the confirmation that she is NOT ALONE on this adventure!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there--done that! I'm a grandmother now. But I remember those days. Treat yourself to something fun. Even if it is just a walk ALL BY YOURSELF.

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates