Monday, March 1, 2010

First Week- Letter A

Today we started with the preschool homeschool program for Marlee. It was such a great experience.


I introduced the letter A, first from her ABC book that we got from the library a few days ago. Second, I gave her the letter A worksheet, and whenever I told her that it was the letter A....she responded saying apple....it is funny but I think that is better to work with that or she will call apple to every A that she sees around. She loved to paint her letter, the whole paper, and her face with our color of the week: red. Yeah.....after she painted her shirt, I remembered to cover her clothes....thing to remember the next time! We have so much fun painting the letter and an apple and, at the same time, singing our own made songs....(Don't ask me about the songs because they're so originals that they get at the momment and later we forget them, we're always like that).


Then we made Marlee's favorite animal: an ALLIGATOR CRAFT. I saw it in this great blog, , and thought it will be fun to do it, and it was.

She was so proud when her father came home and saw her paintings and craft. And yeahhhhhh.....she kept calling APPLE the letter A...(lol)...We read some books about apples and alligators that we got from the library today....but she only liked the pictures....at least is something for a start. Also, we practiced our Spanish words: Agua at bathtime....it's the best time to talk about Water....


Tomorrow, I hope that we have a more relax and organized day, since I don't have to go outside.

We had a lovely and busy day. It was pretty good: playdate with friends in the morning, library (first time Pinky goes to a Library), and Spring clothes shopping for Pinky(we got lot of beautiful clothes for her and nice shoes and sandals too), dinner with dadda (Firecracker casserole and Greek green beans), a relaxing book time and then bedtime for Pinky and time for mommy and daddy to talk about the day.

*UPDATE*
During this first week, I introduced the letter A, apple, circles (we used a carterpillar as an example of circles), color red, number 1, ants (Bible study- Proverb 6:6-8), alligators. Also, we did some different activities with those themes. It seems that it was too much, but it wasn't. We did different things for some mins. (maybe less thant half an hour, since Pinky is only 19 months old). So, we had fun around the whole week with the letter A. Here are some pictures and about the worksheet that I used; I just got them from differents websites so now I don't remember which ones.
Caterpillar Craft (Circles)
Painting Red Circles (With the caps of bottles)

Circle Worksheet

Circle Activity (Sunflower filled with red painted rice)

Airplane Pilot (Social Studies- we read a book abouth airplanes and pilots)


Blessings to everyone!

Airamty @>~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates