Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fairy decorations on a budget!

For my Princess’ birthday party, I tried to make fairy decorations without expending a fortune on them, plus including the family.

Here’s what we did together:

IMG_1678

  • Re-used furniture cardboard drawing fairies and painting them with acrylic and adding glitter for a great ending. After I made my “drawing”, I cut them with an utensil knife, later painted and added the glitter mostly on the wings and dresses. Glitter makes them to look great for the party decoration but it is so messy…if you don’t want to have too much mess, there’s paint with glitter on it and it’s less messy but less pretty.

IMG_1641IMG_1634IMG_1637IMG_1635IMG_1639

  • The workshop- including the whole family: even the birthday girl helped with the decoration! Kids love to paint so my little one and my niece helped painting the name letters and flowers plus they added some glitter (really MESSY but fun for them so you need to do this OUTSIDE!)

IMG_1660IMG_1661IMG_1665IMG_1663

  • Birthday hats: The big kids helped decorating the birthday hats with stickers and glittered glue. My mom did these ones coping a pattern from one store brought hat into a cardboard paper (3 of them made 32 hats). Since they were handmade, all of them were different and too CUTE!)

IMG_1683

  • Yes…you’re right! That’s a placemat which I added my baby pictures: newborn, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years old and, now, a big 3 years old girl. Those are the letters painted and glittered by the little ones. They were feeling so proud and needed!!

IMG_1680

  • The cake: Just a simple one but delicious with our decoration theme colors and I added 4 fairies I got at a store (they were intended to use as my little girl gift, too!) plus Tinker bell and number 3 candles.

IMG_1681

  • Balloons: Don’t forget to add LOTS of them….they are cheap and make every kid birthday party a magical one. Just use the same theme colors (Mine were of different colors since were the cheapest ones!)
  • Just need to add your own Thinker bell fairy princess:

320141_10150363032832604_642557603_10358767_1957285924_n[1]

Have fun celebrating your VIP birthday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates