Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer math activities!

Just a quick post about some of the activities we have been doing this summer. It is all about: MATH!

I found this poker rack and chips at Goodwill and decided to introduce some addition concepts with it. The girls loved it!!! I am thinking about using it with other activities like patterning, graphing, counting, and subtraction concepts.

Marlee 45-46 mo Amaris 1091

Here is Pinky having a great summer vacation with her big cousin (5.8 years old). Her big cousin is starting First grade on a traditional school system in Puerto Rico this fall. She was so happy learning math while discovering some Montessori world. The result was two little girls happily working side-by-side, helping each other. 

 

Marlee 45-46 mo Amaris 1085

Marlee 45-46 mo Amaris 1073Marlee 45-46 mo Amaris 1089

Marlee 45-46 mo Amaris 1093

We’ve been doing other math-related activities which I don’t have any pictures to share because my little camera past away Sad smile

Next, I am sharing great links if you feel like trying the amazing Math world with your cuties. As of July 2012, Pinky is 4 years old.

Printables:

  1. Here’s the domino printable.
  2. Here’s the beads and pine cleaners activity idea.
  3. Here are the fractions worksheets printable (free).
  4. Trace the number printable from here.
  5. Here’s the 1-100 numbers maze worksheet.
  6. If you want to make your own Number cards, here’s a FREE printable available plus lots of links about where to buy them and activities to try.

Here is an AMAZING post from Mom’s Heart about how to bring Hands-On Math activities for Preschoolers. Check it out, I know you will get inspired!

For more inspiration go here at Homeschool-activities.com.

 

Take care and enjoy your week!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, Airamty. I will pass this math activity on to the teachers at my school. I saw your Pintrest Montessori blog page, too. You might be interested in the Evergreen School blog at https://evergreenmontessori.wordpress.com/

I look forward to reading more posts!

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates