Monday, July 19, 2010

Letter of the week- Letter F

We are participating on Show and Tell Blog Hop. Please visit the blog and you’ll see plenty of good crafts and activities to do. Just click on the image. Thanks!abc button

Also, we follow the TotSchool activities…

This week we had a great and productive time. I had to spare everything between two weeks since some of my family members came to visit.

In this week we learned about fish, frogs, flowers (flores- in Spanish) and flags (since it was during the 4th of July celebration).

Pinky loves to learn and get busy, so it’s always a hard time trying to put together as many activities as we can do during the letter of the week.

So, lets start our fun learning time week!!!

Letter F is for: FlOwErS-Flores!

This activity was done with Tata (grandma). It’s an easy activity where you just need to cut two big flowers and a few little ones and the paste them on another paper. Pinky had fun counting the flowers and them gluing them in each petal of the big one. Also, it is good to practice some patterns.

Marlee 23-24 mo 014Marlee 23-24 mo 004 Marlee 23-24 mo 003 Marlee 23-24 mo 013

Letter F is for: Fish and yummy golFish crackers

Our letter F main topic was: all about Fish.

First, I found some activities to practice some graphing using the cute Goldfish crackers and a great poem, too! Pinky is only 23 months so she needed a little bit of help from mommy, but my nephew K did it very well (he’s 7).

You can see that Pinky loved the activity. Oh yeah! She loved the goldfish cracker, lol. Whenever I let a goldfish on the paper, she took it and ate it. lol!!!

It was so funny and cute. Mommy had to get some pics of the moment.

About the Color Goldfish Crackers Poem, I found it here: Danielle's Place of Crafts and Activities(is almost at the end of the web page- Goldfish Reading Craft). There’re so many activities but some are for members only. This one is free!!!

And for the Goldfish Graph by Colors just select the link. They have a lot of graphing activities at this web-site.

Marlee 23-24 mo 094 Marlee 23-24 mo 091

Marlee 23-24 mo 087

(Final work)

Marlee 23-24 mo 072 Marlee 23-24 mo 074

Marlee 23-24 mo 064Marlee 23-24 mo 068

(Mommy, why I have to leave the goldfish crackers over the paper, if they are so yummy?)

Marlee 23-24 mo 083Marlee 23-24 mo 069 Marlee 23-24 mo 077 Marlee 23-24 mo 085

(Maybe we can eat just one!!!)

Counting fish!

Ok, I used my drawing abilities (lol) and try to do some fish manipulative recycling some diaper boxes. Then, I painted the fish shapes and did some dots on their tail (from 1-10) so Pinky could match them with the bubble numbers (did them with construction paper and laminated them for a longer use).

Marlee 23-24 months 035Marlee 23-24 months 036 Marlee 23-24 months 034

Letter F is for: The Rainbow Fish

Trying to use our new felt board and felt story-time, I tried to do the Rainbow fish characters on felt. We used the Spanish version, since I got it from the library and it was not available in English. However, it is fine with Pinky; we are raising her in a trilingual environment (Spanish, English and French- with some Creole, too). I’ll try to post about our multilingual experience another time.

Our felt board, I did it from a Foam board from Dollar tree store ($1) and some felt I bought at Wal-mart. I just glued together. Having just one student, I think it will last for a little time.

The characters are from felt, too, with decorations I painted with glitter glue. It took me a few days, since I had family visiting but it was fun and easy (relaxing mommy time).

Marlee 23-24 months 718Marlee 23-24 months 716 Marlee 23-24 months 706

Letter F is for: Frogs

Letter F is for the Five Green Speckled frogs felt board story-time. Found the template at Chilcareland.com. There are plenty of ideas and activities to do, so I just select the one I think Pinky would love the most. For this felt story, I printed the template (only the frogs), painted with crayons (I’m running out of ink), laminated them and put some Velcro on the back. The log and the flies I did them with foam papers and put Velcro on the back, too.

Marlee 23-24 months 921 Marlee 23-24 months 918 Marlee 23-24 months 927

Sorting Frogs by size:

About this activity, I really don’t remember where I found it. As soon as I have the web site again, I will update the post. Ok….sorry Carissa! I took this activity from the great blog Tired, Need Sleep. It is one of my favorite blogs! You can find it here. 

For this one, I just re-used the bowls from the tomatoes I bought at the supermarket. They are so good, hard and clear material which I can re-used one and another time.

Marlee 23-24 months 014 Marlee 23-24 months 013 Marlee 23-24 months 015

Furthermore, following the frogs theme, here is a cute frog craft from an awesome blog: Handprint and Footprint Art. We didn’t have the time to do it, but I thought that somebody can enjoy it.

Froggy Cute Craft

Letter F is for: Flag (Happy 4th of July)

Marlee 23-24 months 032 Marlee 23-24 months 031

We’re preparing our self to celebrate our Constitution!!! I found the three flags for $1 dollar at Target!!! Great deal!!

And…Letter F is for: Finally…Family having Fun a whole week!!!

Marlee 23-24 months 610 Marlee 23-24 months 563 Marlee 23-24 months 132 Marlee 23-24 months 130 Marlee 23-24 months 281Marlee 23-24 months 230 Marlee 23-24 months 393 Marlee 23-24 months 480 Marlee 23-24 months 198

That was our letter of the week- LETTER F…..

We had a great time as always…….learning, playing and loving it!!!

Enjoy your week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates