Friday, December 2, 2011

Creating ’till Christmas!

Here’s our Advent calendar: Christmas’ Books!!! This idea is all around the web and Pinterest, for sure; and the thing is that I LOVE IT!

Pinky is crazy about books (ok, DNA is strong…..both mommy and daddy LOVE books) and I now she will get more than happy to find a new one each day and, the best part, unwrap it.

IMG_2047

So, here’s our list, just some books we have already and other we got at the library, which has a HUGE selections of great books and for FREE (the great part is that we can borrow them for 3 weeks, so I added them to the list before their due date). I plan to have a little craft or activity for each book…OK, I will TRY my best!!IMG_2046

  1. The biggest Christmas tree ever- Craft: Handprint Christmas tree.
  2. When will it snow?- Craft: paper snowflakes
  3. Caillou makes a snowman- craft: footprint snowman
  4. A letter to Santa- craft: write a letter to Santa
  5. The hat- craft: make a felt Christmas hat
  6. Christmas cricket- craft: make an angel
  7. Suzy goose and the Christmas star- craft: make a star
  8. Olive the other reindeer- craft: footprint sleigh + reindeers + Olive
  9. The snow tree- craft: paper cone + cotton balls tree
  10. A Christmas story- craft: make a donkey
  11. Clifford’s first snow day- craft: paint with shaving cream
  12. The poky little puppy’s first Christmas- craft: bake cookies
  13. The 12 days of Christmas- craft: dove
  14. Bears stays up for Christmas- craft: string popcorn
  15. Santasaurus- craft: Pinky will decide
  16. Mickey and Minnie’s gift of the magi- craft: Christmas card
  17. Santa duck and his merry helpers- craft: make an elf
  18. The little engine that could and the snowy blowy Christmas- craft: Pinky
  19. The nutcracker- activity: Ballet recital- play with Barbies + nutcrackers
  20. The snowy day- craft: paint a Winter tree with lots of snow
  21. The story of Christmas- craft: make a nativity
  22. The bears’ Christmas- craft: winter activities coloring book (I made this)
  23. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer- craft: Rudolph
  24. The night before Christmas- craft: bake cookies
  25. The first Christmas- craft: Baby Jesus

That’s our looooooonnnngggg list. I hope we can get almost more than a 50% done. We love to read and making crafts so I think we can make it.

I will try to post everyday about our book and activity.

Have fun!!!!

Disclaimer:

I won’t get any commission for the links; they are just to have a look at our books. The one that doesn’t have a link is because I found them at the Dollar Tree Store last year and others are old copies from the library.

Linking to:

Montessori Monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates