Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dinosaurs and more dinosaurs!

Oh…..she really LOVES Dinosaurs!!!!

IMG_3740

Everything started with a Flubber invasion……and the extermination of those poor little dinosaurs on the table. Then, it happened: The Dino mania!!!

Ok, this sounds crazy!

A few weeks ago, Pinky had a flubber activity at her Preschool. I was in shock when a saw that pink stuff on the table. Yes, it was my first time, too seeing that thing. Her teacher, very kindly, gave me the recipe that same day and a week later we were making our own Flubber. Playing, squishing, cutting, laughing and been two kids (hey, it was fun!!!), we starting to pretend that there was a Flubber explosion, so we were needing some volunteers for the job (aka Dinoes).

After that amazing day, Pinky got more into Dinosaurs and here’s what we did in our Spring week vacation:

Sensorial

IMG_3731IMG_3732IMG_3734IMG_3736IMG_3752IMG_3764

Matching-memory game

IMG_3773

Matching cards-objects

IMG_3784IMG_4018

Grouping dinoes

IMG_3785

Science

IMG_3788

Math

IMG_3790

Straight line.

IMG_3801 

Semi-Circle.

IMG_4054

DIY- Patterning with stickers

IMG_4058

Follow the pattern by type of dinosaur.

IMG_4059

Follow the pattern by color.

 

IMG_4062

Follow the pattern by color and type of dino.

IMG_4063

Just continue the pattern.

IMG_4083

Counting dinosaurs.

Art-Sensorial

IMG_3876

IMG_3877IMG_3878IMG_3882IMG_3998IMG_4005

DIY Dinosaur fossils!

Pasta Art

IMG_4021

IMG_4032

IMG_4035

DIY Dino stamps- Macy’s catalog recycled

IMG_4064IMG_4069IMG_4074

Practical life: Dino bath

IMG_3884IMG_3885IMG_3888IMG_3889IMG_3900IMG_3902

Sensorial???

IMG_3912

IMG_3915IMG_3922

Mystery bag: matching the dino just by touching.

Fine-motor and story telling

IMG_3924IMG_3925IMG_3926

Field trip: Science Museum

IMG_4116IMG_4119IMG_4124IMG_4127IMG_4128IMG_4130IMG_4120

Dinosaurs are really fun!!!

As you can see, there are plenty of hands downs activities to do with them and the best part is that I didn’t have to print, cut and laminate anything!

It looks a lot but I didn’t have to plan to much since one activity led to the other one. Don’t you like when this happens?

Check Living Montessori Now for lots of more dino fun! And my Dino Pinterest board.

Linking to:

Montessori MondayKids Co-op

9 comments:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

I love your DIY fossils! Great ideas!!

Airamty said...

Thanks....they were really easy....while I was making them, Pinky was playing with the rest of the air dry clay....the only thing is that we had to wait like 3 days for them to get dry (tried to use the oven but one got cracked a little bit). Otherwise, they were cheaper, easy and fun.

Jae said...

I love the dino fossil! Good thing we're doing dinosaur theme too... your activities are so inspiring.

Deb Chitwood said...

What an awesome dinosaur unit ... I LOVE your variety of creative activities! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and added it to my Montessori-Inspired Dinosaur Unit at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/08/18/montessori-inspired-dinosaur-unit/

Unknown said...

Wow!!! So many great dinosaur activities!! Your daughter is a lucky girl to have a Mama so in tune with her interests!

Unknown said...

What fun dinosaur activities! I love how you incorporated the theme throughout every subject. The pasta art is especially cool.

cathy @ nurturestore said...

Thanks for sharing your fab ideas with The Kids Co-op - I love the variety of things you came up with. I've just featured your post on the Kids Co-op facebook page :)

Airamty said...

Thanks!

Cerys @ Rainy Day Mum said...

This is great we love dinosaurs (well J does) we recently got the Usbourne book of BIG dinosaurs and J is loving pointing to the ones that he knows and naming them as well as asking about other ones.

Just to let you know that I am featuring you on my Kid's Co-op post on Friday this week.

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates