The weather has been Fabulous and Pinky’s new interest is all things POND. Since we have been doing lots of activities, I will have to divide them into several post. Let’s start with:
Our shelf set up
I try to set up everything into one shelf since we just do “school” after she comes home from Preschool. (BTW, she is the one that tells mommy what she wants to learn about! I just follow her desires.) As soon as she is done with one activity, I use the space for a new one or rotate them as soon as she lost interest.
Sensory Bin
We just have lots of plastic pond animals and beads.
Art
Handprint lily pads with fingerprint frogs. Aren’t they cute?
Footprint frog ready to eat a fly and a spider!
Pom-pom frogs…too cute!!! Found this idea here (you’ll need to scroll all the way until the end. There are more frog-related crafts.)
Completing the missing half. I found this beautiful frog life cycle picture and, when tried to print it out, I just got half of the picture. Therefore, why not to try to complete it? This was a mommy and daughter project! It was fun but next time I would have to draw it with pencil before giving it to Pinky, since she got a lil frustrated at the beginning but then she did great.
Here are some great links for you, they got me inspired:
1- Living Montessori Now (as always!): Montessori-Inspired Pond Unit
2- Montessori Print Shop (awesome place): Frog Match up and Memory game, Frog Nomenclature cards, Frog Nomenclature Book (ALL FREE!!!)
3- Montessori Mom: Frog life cycle sequence cards
4- Squidoo: Awesome frog unit study. Here’s where I found the Frog life cycle picture.
5- Pinterest: I have a Pond board with PLENTY of great ideas.
Linking to:























2 comments:
Stopping by from the Kids Co-op. Your daughter is an absolute delight, but I am sure you knew that! I love your activities, especially the pom-pom pond animals and the hand/footprint pictures. Thanks for linking up to the Kids Co-op! I would like to feature your post over on http://mumoftwinsatoddlerandateenager.blogspot.com.au/. Stop by and pick up your button. My Showcase post goes live on Thursday morning.
So many great pond activities! And thanks for sharing the link to my pond unit! I added your pond posts to my pond unit! :) Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com
Post a Comment
Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...