Thursday, August 4, 2011

Art with the princess!

We have been learning about Vincent van Gogh!

I am NOT an art teacher or an expert, I am just trying to introduce my little one into some facts and history about the fascinating art world. Therefore, our learning time consist about:

- Reading a tiny artist biography (Pinky’s just turned 3 years old, so too many details are out of question)

- Admiring and talking about the paintings. For our first artist, I just printed 4 of his most famous paintings:

  • Starry night

vincent van gogh, starry night

  • Sunflowers

vincent van gogh, sunflowers

  • Bedroom in Arles

vincent van gogh, bedroom in arles

  • Self portrait

vincent van gogh paintings

Note: It is amazing how kids can interpret feelings. When we were talking about his work; she took his self-portrait and told me: “Mommy, he is sad!”. In fact, he was mentally sick!!

Then, we just have fun recreating our versions of his art. Here’s a great site with his masterpieces and a short information about them.

Marlee-35-36-012_thumb3Marlee-35-36-026_thumb3Marlee-35-36-033_thumb3

Pinky’s Starry night version!

Marlee 36-37 076Marlee 36-37 078Marlee 36-37 081Marlee 36-37 082

Pinky’s self-portrait! (Isn’t it cute??? She even painted her blue shirt and pink pants- we didn’t have a pink marker so she used red!) 

Marlee 36-37 084Marlee 36-37 088Marlee 36-37 089

Pinky’s flowers on a vase version! (We don’t have any sunflowers.)

Marlee 36-37 027

Pinky’s version of a room at home: The living room. Maybe you can see a sofa with daddy sitting on left and Pinky on right. Next to the sofa (at right) is the fan. There are some toys on the floor.

Marlee 36-37 227

Our arty corner!!!

Marlee 36-37 336

Here’s another art project. Finger-painting on canvas and after that pasting bottle caps, wiggly eyes, confetti, and buttons. Great collage and really fun!!

And, at last (for now), my favorite one: Mommy’s and princess’ hands collage! I found the idea at this amazing blog full of beautiful art to do with the kids.

Marlee 36-37 028

It was a super duper fun one!!!!

Do you have any other ideas I can do with my 3 years old one to teach her about art?

Take care!

1 comments:

Mommy to the Princesses said...

Pinky has amazing observation skills for three year old! I love how she has used mostly blue for her starry night and pink for the flower painting! Her self portrait is my favorite though! I love how cute it is!

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates