We were practicing last week with lots of Sensorial activities using a Hawaii theme!
- Sorting by colors or by shapes. (I cut a necklace from the Dollar Store; got 3 for $1) I can use them as counters, too!
- Pincer grasp practice with marbles inside a Hawaiian dress.
- Sorting flamingoes with tongs. (Ok, flamingoes aren’t from Hawaii but found them in all the stuff I bought so why not to use them?)
- Inserting flowers on sticks. (These are from a Lei necklace that I broke in order to make Pinky’s flowers bracelets) She has to pass the stick thru the hole in the center of the flower.
- Matching sandpaper numbers with the corresponding amount of rocks.
- Clothespin and birds!
- Inserting wood beads on pipe cleaners. (This is suppose to be a palm tree with coconuts. I just took 2 sticks, put a brown pipe cleaner around and them 2 green ones.)
- Language- Tracing letters with crayons
- Art- Painting with yarn, bottle caps, toothpicks, etc. Also, painting a flower on canvas.
- Sensory box- Hawaiian style! With buttons I found at Michaels and the rocks are from our fish bowl (Yes, I washed them very well before using them).
Now that I am looking at the pictures, I think we did plenty of activities for our Hawaiian theme…..the truth is that we were having too much fun with it!
Therefore, we still have Hawaii part 3!!!
Linking to:




















5 comments:
So neat activities :-)
Thanks for sharing ;-)
Oh my goodness!! I love all these activities!
Fantastic idea of using the marbles in the dress for Pincer grasp!!
Thanks too for sharing the blog award with me! I have been a bit of a blog slacker lately, but I am hoping to get caught up!!
Take care,
Kerri
What great ideas for a Hawaii theme! I love that you prepared the activities as Montessori-inspired trays! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow
Nice themes, colorful stuff!
YEAH!! I am glad that Deb shared it on her FB page! I emailed it to her. She is amazing about helping to promote blogs! This unit was truly fantastic!!
Hope that you are well. Have a great summer!!
Kerri
Post a Comment
Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...