Sunday, June 13, 2010

Second Week- Letter B

(Ok, we did the letter B week like 2 months ago and all this time I had the post saved as a draft. Finally, I’ve decided to finish it and post it).

*******************************

This week was a little bit easier than the first one. We're studying the letter B, number 2, bananas, bears, Benjamin Franklin, color blue. Most of the activities were painting, writing, object recognition and lots fun. Here are some of the things we did:

* Learn how to use the glue, (teaching Pinky that the glue isn’t food, since she thinks that everything is for mouth entertainment purposes) and number 2 recognition. I cut some letters and numbers from magazines, letters and papers that I had around, and told her to find one like BIG number 2. She did it pretty good and it lasted more than 10 mins. And here is the final work:

* Then, we studied letter B. (B is for Bananas).


* We read about Bananas so our healthy snack was Pinky’s favorite one: Bananas

Bumble bee craft:

Marlee 19-20 months 236

* First we read a story about a bumble bee who wanted so bad to have friends. Pinky really loved it.

*Then,there is a Bumblebee craft which was soooooo great. We did two of them so we could play together. I really do not remember if I saw this on another place, so sorry about that. Here is what we did:

You’ll need:

  1. Paper plate
  2. Wiggly eyes
  3. Yellow and black construction paper (I didn’t have black, so I painted a piece of paper with a black marker)
  4. Pop stick
  5. Pipe cleaner
  6. Wax paper
  7. Scissor and glue

Steps:

  1. Glue the yellow paper over the paper plate and cut it in a circle form as the paper plate.
  2. Cut thin strips of the black paper and glue then over the yellow one.
  3. Glue the wiggly eyes.
  4. Cut out wings shapes from the wax paper and glue them on the back of the paper plate.
  5. Glue or tape (this is the hard part- I used lots of tape) the pop stick on the lower back of the paper plate.
  6. Take the pipe cleaner, turn it to the inside and glue it on the upper back of the paper plate.
  7. All done!!!!…..Now you is time to sing: I’m bringing home a baby bumble bee…..

Marlee 19-20 months 241Marlee 19-20 months 247Marlee 19-20 months 255

*****

Ok Dadda…..I have to tell you everything I now know about the letter B…

Marlee 19-20 months 282 And….what I did with the marker while mommy was cleaning….

Marlee 19-20 months 270

We did so many things but I don’t have pics because my great angel took the camera and it felt directly onto the floor with the lens open….oh!!! yeah…I almost cried….but my great hubby bought me a new one! (Happy me, again!!! :D)

So…that’s all for the letter B weeek ….

*************************************************

Wordless moment!!!

I really love my cute baby…she knows how to make me SMILE!!!

Marlee 19-20 months 187

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates