These months have been very busy and full of challenges. This July 21, 2010 one day before my princess turned two years old, I was having another surgery. I think I am having surgeries for a hobby, lol!
The history is that I was born with Congenital Hip Dysplasia…..and what’s this…..is just that my hip bones didn’t develop as normal, as a result, I couldn’t move as normal as other kids and I have a leg length discrepancy. To be honest, I always felt very bad about this, because I wanted to do the things that others kids where doing as they did it. However, thanks God I found other ways to do the same things and others.
Before age 5, I had ten surgeries and, although the doctors told my parents I will have problems walking and moving, I did well. I learned how to ride a bike, swim, play basketball, volleyball and other sports. Everything was just fine until 3 or 4 years ago when I started having problems to move, get up and downstairs, run, tide my shoes and picking things from the floor, like my crawler baby….It was frustrating and, most of the time, I lost my sight….I just wanted to play and move with my baby as easy and normal as my mind told me, but my body was not responding the same way….. My solution: Have a Total Hip Replacement. The problem: I am too young…which mean that before 50, I will need another one. My way of thinking: Is NOW that my daughter need her mommy to play and show her how to ride a bike, swim and other fun things.
So, this past July I had my first surgery (I still have to do the right leg). It was a hard moment for me, first because It was the first time I stayed away from my baby, second I was so anxious and afraid…..oh yeah….afraid of the surgery.
I don’t like hospitals and doctors….sorry….let me explain….I am a graduate medical doctor and used to work in hospitals and I love it and wait for the time I can go back….but its not funny when I am the patient…..The good part of this situation is that I love to treat my patients in a humble/careful/honest way because I had been in their shoes my whole life. So, I was so anxious about the surgery, however, thanks God everything ended well. The recovery was hard and painful, very painful if you have a toddler trying to play with you and jumping next to you….ouch!!!!
Right now I am still doing my therapies and I can tell you that for the first time in about 4 years I can go up and down stairs as a normal person does….using their two foot and don’t just one…..such a blessing…..Maybe around winter I will have the other surgery, in case that I disappear again.
So this is part of my story, which is a long one….maybe not as long as somes out there….!
About our tot school, my mom was in charge of doing some activities with the princess. I will post later some of them and more……
So, thanks for reading and see you around!
Blessings….
Happy mom after 3 days without seen her baby!!!
Sleepy baby…missing her nap-time routine with her mommy!!!
Baby’s face after seen her mommy…..PRICELESS!!!




















0 comments:
Post a Comment
Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...