On these days, Pinky (31 months old) is very interested into cook…every time I have to prepare a meal she is right there next to me calling for her stairs and yelling: “I can’t reach it!”.
This is something a little bit overwhelmed to me, because:
1- She is still in her age when she gets so excited that she is not listening and get distracted so easily.
2- I am soooo afraid that she could get burn or hurt…so is very stressful for me to have like 20 eyes around…..two checking what I am cooking…and the rest on Pinky.
3- I know that she has the disposition right know and the interest into cook, so I don’t want to tell her she can’t help and later affect her in some way….like getting afraid to ask because she thinks would get a no for answer…(I said it for my own experience!) although is normal to have no’s as answers….
4- My kitchen is just what you see on the photo….a kind of rectangle shape space….I don’t have place to cook comfortable!
Also, I got bad comments from my sister for letting Pinky to help….she thinks that kids can’t stay on the kitchen while adults are cooking….I think she gets more stressful than me! lol
Therefore, most of the time….here is Pinky next to mommy helping to prepare the meals….and she really enjoys it and…the best…she eats her food without problem because she was the one who cooked it…..uffff…and you can see how proud she feels of her self!
Would you like some pancakes???
So….at what age did you start letting your child to cook and…..did you feel the same as me?….did it got better with time?…..
Blessings!




















14 comments:
What a great little cook ;-). I wish I could try those pancakes ;-). We started pretty early to invite Kuba to participate in some "high risk" kitchen stuff (if I remember it right he was about 2 years old)with great success. I do believe that a comfortable kitchen adds to the comfort of a supervising mother :-) I wish my kitchen was big enough. But hey, having a small kitchen helps the kids to learn how to deal with a limited space ,right? And what is more important it doesn't diminish the fun,taste and unforgettable multisensory experience. Keep going with allowing Pinky to help. Cooking together is a beautiful experience helping to create a bond for a lifetime. Have a beautiful day. Ewa
They are lovely photos. I know what you mean, it's hard not to let them help but we have to be safe about it too. However, the younger they start etc!!!
Found you on Sunday blog hop. I am following your blog but my blog picture wouldn't appear for some reason. I think I'm number 82.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, CJ xx
She's so cute!
Your newest follower tamtamlee from follow please swap-bot
What a lovely little girl! I don't have children, but I am a girl scout leader, and I know how it can be stressful when trying to teach young children how to cook and there is fire and sharp things all around.
I think it's great you want to encourage her to cook, and you should! I think kids love their food even more when they get to help make it. I suggest looking into maybe getting a kids cookbook, I have a few somewhere, and I remember having several as a child (I learned to help in the kitchen at a young age).
There are a lot of recipes that are fun for kids to make, that don't have as much stress on mommy (ie less knives and fire). If you find some of those, your little chef can have something to help make, even when things are too hectic for there to be constant supervision over more dangerous things (save those for when mommy's attention isn't divided).
From what I have seen in girl scouts, having kids help in the kitchen is a great way to teach them all kinds of stuff (about food, nutrition, safety, ect) and make it fun, so I hope she enjoys helping cook for a long, long time!
-Angelicliard of swapbot
Loved reading about your little one cooking... My 5 year old loves cooking with his Daddy... BBQ, pancakes, anything.....
following from Swap-bot ~unvlmom~
she is adorable! <3 following from swapbot! - limetteandlove
Pinky is so cute!! I don't have any children yet, but are you kidding? I'd totally feel the same way! I am a nanny for 2 kids now and the baby loves being in the kitchen.
xx
Rossi - provadia on SB
I let my daughter start doing things (not around the stove) at a pretty early age. She loved to stir and pat dough and stuff. She's now 10 and loves to help mom do everything including chop veggies.
I'm following from the blog hop.
I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Mika
Awwww is'nt she the sweetest!! enjoy[blackbird 4 sb]
owww she is so cuuuute!!! :D
My baby boy is just 4 months, so cooking will take a while ;)
New follower from SB
Love
Naomi
Hi there,
My little guy is only 2 so we haven't done a whole lot of cooking yet. He likes to pour, stir, and watch. I probably would be hesitant to let him around the stove. Though I have to say, your Pinky looks pretty darn cute doin' it!!
Have fun, be safe!
Molly
Following from swapbots Follow me Please as mollyandollie
What a great helper!! Kerri
Saying hello again love your pics
Your little girl is too cute. Such a cute little cook as well.
My daughter is 4.5 years and we haven't even began letting her cool yet. I thought maybe in a few years (like 6 or 7 years old) she could get an easy bake oven. We will have to see.
I love your blog though and I am a new follower!
From Mommy to Calm Insanity
Post a Comment
Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...