OH MY!!!! I did it….I finished our sandpaper letters…..yeah for mommy….!!!
I started this project last year (May) and finished almost a year later….but…wait!!!….I wasn’t hard or something elaborated…lol…is because I had so many things to do and so many things to take care of, that I procrastinated my project. The truth is it was really easy…and I think they don’t look so bad….what do you think? (oooppsss…letter q is upside-down!)
You can’t believe this but my project was just $2.00…lol….and maybe around 2 days of work (if I just count how much time I really expend doing it.)
How did I make them?
- Look for a diaper box and cut it in squares (I really didn’t take any measure in specific)…Yes! I just recycled my daughter’s diapers boxes to make her some educational tools and reduce trash!!! The best thing about it: they are easy to cut with scissors (so you don’t need to bother anyone to get help or get frustrated
because your hubby doesn’t have those abilities). The box was easy to cut and sturdy enough to last on a toddler’s hands. - Sandpaper….I bought mine at Wal-Mart…around $2….but saw it later at Dollar tree store….(for $1 and with more papers…can you imagine…uff….lol)
- I printed out some letter templates…..(
sorry, don’t remember from where(got them from here), but I ended changing them…here is a link I just found for some templates, not the ones I used.) - Glue…I used wood glue and they pasted very well…..regular glue (white one) didn’t function….yes….I tried first! lol
- Acrylic paint (blue- vowels, pink-consonants)
- Huge books….for pressing….(My hubby Psychiatry books really helped me a lot…..lol)
- Stickers….I used some orange little stars on the upper right just to let my daughter know about the letters orientation.
As you can see…It was nothing expensive and, except for the sandpapers, I had everything on hand…..and I bet you do, too!!!
Now…I have to look for more boxes and do my numbers and, maybe, and upper case cards,too! Also….I have to finish my moveable alphabet…coming later.
To how to used them go here and here.
For more of DIY Montessori activities got to:




















3 comments:
love the letters... I made a set for my youngest but instead of sandpaper I used glitter glue.
Love these! They turned out fantastic.
YEAAAH! Good for you! They turned out very well.
Kerri
Post a Comment
Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...