Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patrick's Day activities!

We are having some fun with St. Patrick’s day learning about it and doing some crafts and activities. Here are two of them in case you want to do them, too!

First: Shamrock rings!!! Pretty for a princess!

Marlee 31-32 mo 320

Marlee 31-32 mo 347Marlee 31-32 mo 329

What do you need?

  • Milk gallon bottle cap
  • Pipe cleaners
  • Pom poms
  • Scissors, knife
  • Glue
  • A princess! (the most important!)

How to do it?

  • With a knife, I made a hole in the center of the bottle cap.
  • Insert the pipe cleaner through the hole.
  • Decoration: Took a gold pipe cleaner, twisted like a shamrock shape, pasted on the bottle cap and pasted three green pom poms.
  • Let it dry (I used white glue since it was the only one I had so I had to let it dry for a longer time and it was not totally pasted….a craft glue or another kind would be better…..sorry I am not that crafty so I don’t know which glue is better)
  • Enjoy your new jewelry! (We did two of them)

Marlee 31-32 mo 314Marlee 31-32 mo 315Marlee 31-32 mo 316 Marlee 31-32 mo 317Marlee 31-32 mo 318 

Marlee 31-32 mo 321  Here is the link from where I got inspired…is from Kaboose!

 

Second: A trap for Leprechaun!

Marlee 31-32 mo 349

We are trying to catch our very own Leprechaun…..so we did this cutie trap…PLEASE! don’t tell him!….Pinky is expecting very anxiously to catch him…lol…She went to the kitchen while I was washing the dishes and told me with a very low voice….sssshhhh!!! mommy….I’m going to catch him!!!

Sooooo cute my little one…..and I love her innocence...IT IS PRICELESS!

What do you need?

  • An empty oatmeal container.
  • a carton board
  • pipe cleaners (rainbow colors)
  • green felt…for the shamrocks
  • construction paper- green, black, yellow
  • paint, scissors, glue, tape, glitter

Marlee 31-32 mo 330

How to do it?

  • Cut a circle on the carton board, let your child have fun painting it!
  • Take the green construction paper, wrapped around the oatmeal container and tape it.
  • cut a rectangle from the black paper, and a little square. Cut a bigger square from the yellow paper. Wrap the black paper at the end side of the container, tape it. Then, put the yellow square over and the black square over the yellow.
  • Decorate the hat around with the felt shamrocks and gold glitter.
  • For the top of the hat (the container’s cap)…I cut a circle from the green paper and pasted over. With a knife, cut two holes for the pipe cleaner rainbow. After you make the rainbow, just decorate with pom poms (bush) and glitter (gold)
  • For the bottom, paste the oatmeal container over the carton board.

I was trying to make a hat for Pinky but it was a bit heavy for her little head so we decided to use it as a Leprechaun trap! We put it next to the window and a sign saying: Free gold…and an arrow pointing towards the top of the hat…but if you see him…don’t tell him about our intentions! ;D 

If you need any help, let me know….I am not that good explaining myself in English!

Marlee 31-32 mo 331Marlee 31-32 mo 334Marlee 31-32 mo 333Marlee 31-32 mo 354Marlee 31-32 mo 355 Marlee 31-32 mo 340Marlee 31-32 mo 341      Marlee 31-32 mo 351   

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!!!

Linking to:

abc button

RedTed

playacedemy

3 comments:

RedTedArt said...

How fun! Most certainly a different St Patrick's Day craft! Fabulous!

Maggy
(and thank you for linking up to Kids Get Crafty!)

Monica said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Every little princess and prince too, would love that ring!! I'm participating in Blog Hop Thursday and I’m now the newest follower of your great site. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog, have a look around and maybe follow me back!!
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Jenny said...

My daughter would love the ring - any excuse for more BIG, SPARKLY jewelry is good for her. And I love the idea for leprechaun trap that I've seen around. I had never even thought or heard of this idea. Yours is so cute!

Post a Comment

Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...

Template by:
Free Blog Templates