So far, I have been “homeschooling” Pinky since before she was born. Is this possible?
Well….since I found I was pregnant, we got crazy searching about things to do WITH her while she was growing inside me…We read, talked, sang, danced, moved, and listened to music….(we used a microphone and other things we bought on Babies R’us and other places)….I also was doing some activities from a program my husband found and bought on internet which I don’t remember right now…..Maybe we got crazy! lol But the thing is that I was having fun and got busy doing the activities with her and forming a bond with my little girl…She used to LOVE our nap time listening to some relaxing music….How do I know?…whenever I stopped the music she started to kicking me like crazy….I put the music back and she was so quite again….So far, she LOVES music and start to dance, laugh and move right away….It doesn’t matter where is she at the moment….you can see her little feet moving until her arms and body join the fun! lol….Moreover, we have been talking in 3 languages (English, French and Spanish) since the first time, too!
Therefore, what is going on right now? She is a lovely toddler who really enjoys to learn…(and we are doing our best to continue learning in a fun way).
Our curriculum: I tried to follow one, two, 3….or whatever I found on other blogs, websites or that I made….but…with our so busy and changing life….we couldn't follow one exactly….My resolution:…Ok….I better follow my daughter and our experiences at the moment….then…we have a happy toddler loving to learn, explore and share experiences…and a less overwhelmed mommy….I think the second is my favorite one!
Pinky expend the whole day and the whole night every single day of the month with mommy…so….she learns when she goes to do shopping (we review colors, letters, numbers, counting, fruits, vegetables….etc), go to the post-office, on the train, on the street, while driving, in the park….or even when we are doing NOTHING…..this is a little bit tiring since I expend the WHOLE day talking….both English and Spanish at the same time….(Yes, I repeat every word and tell her: In Spanish you say this…and in English you say that….)…About this theme: She prefers to speak English over Spanish or French but can understand everything…and if you ask her the meaning of something in Spanish she can tell the word. About French…Dada is the one in charge of that, so because the lack of time with Pinky….she understand but can’t say the words correctly. I remember when she was around 2-3 months old, I had a friend that got soooo ashamed whenever she was with me on a store just because I was talking to my little tiny girl like she was a grown up (of course just describing everything I was doing and looking around)….I didn’t care….hey that’s why I am my lil princess’ best friend right now!!
At 2.5 years, Pinky is amazing me every day….now…she can talk and follow conversations and express herself like a big girl in a tiny body…soooo cute!
Two of my last favorite conversations are:
- We were practicing some beginning sounds during these weeks and when we were having our story time:
- Mommy: The title of this book is Caillou and the rain. What’s the beginning sound in the word rrrrain?
- Pinky: Letter R, mommy!
- Mommy: Good job mama….and the title of this book is Caillou the picnic….What’s the beginning sound in the word ppppicninc?
- Pinky: Letter P, mommy!
- Mommy: Good job mama! You are so smart!
- Pinky: You are right, mommy!
- She stayed with a nanny for the first time so mommy could go to her therapy. While we were driving back after giving a ride to the nanny:
- Mommy: Did you have fun today with Tati?
- Pinky: yes mommy…I like Tati!
- Mommy: Why do you like Tati?
- Pinky: Because (Pinky fav word now) she is so happy and jumps!
I love how my baby is growing, learning and just defining herself! Maybe is not about teaching a kid with a stressful curriculum….or mommy getting exhausted looking around what to teach or what to complete in a certain amount of time….maybe is just about how much you can love someone that you want her to learn the best from you, have fun, be happy, confident and be herself!




















0 comments:
Post a Comment
Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...