Here is a summary of a very long week. The best is all the fun we had together!
Social life!
We had TWO birthday parties!!! Pinky was soooo excited sharing with her little friends and giving gifts (ok, erase that…..not that excited about the GIVING part…but she did good). Also we had lunch with daddy at an Italian restaurant (ummm my calzone was so good, I am getting hungry!)
- Party #1- All about princesses!
- Party #2- All about boys. She was the only girl….she was ok about that, having fun with cars, trains, trucks and dancing like crazy!
- With mommy and daddy
Language!
I am fixing little by little (really slow, lol) some language boxes for Pinky. My language boxes consists of 6 boxes (does were you get your baby wipes), with activities for a group of letters. My box #1 (the only one I have ready) have letters S, M, A, T. Inside we have the sandpaper letters, objects bags, objects pictures and letters mini-books. (Yes, everything is inside a box, excellent for my LACK of space! Divided by Ziploc snack bags). Later I will post were I got my pintables and everything on details!
Also we have a make-up story box with random objects. Pinky had fun with this one, using her imagination and make-up a crazy story for mommy at the beginning. Later, she just took it and started to play by herself.
Sensorial!
Pinky is getting really good at puzzles…we are practicing with a 25 pieces one. She loves this, too! It helps her with her concentration, patience and using both hands (most of the time she gets frustrated but I noticed that she wants to just one hand, so I am looking for activities were she HAVE to use both, like playing with stickers, puzzles, opening her Ziploc bags). As you can see below, she started using one hand and it was hard for her to put the pieces with time she got to move her left hand from the chair and use it to build the puzzle. Result: she made it!
Our stickers activity consist of our main letters: SMAT with dots to paste a stickers. It is helping her with the same above, plus counting, colors and patterns. As you can see, first she was using one hand, latter with some help from mommy, she learned that using both was more effective to get the sticker. Result: she did the four letters, was having fun and so proud of herself!
Practical life!
Pinky has always non-prepared practical life activities, since she is always with mommy, ready to help! Which activities are these? Pinky helps to clean-up (not just her toys), to cook (sometimes), to do shopping, bring the bags inside the apartment and organize them where they belongs (this one she can go it almost by herself, yupi for mommy!!!!), to fix the table, take out the garbage (oh yes!!! she helps mommy with the light bags), classify the clothes for laundry, take them to the basement (were is the laundry room), put them on the washer and them on the dryer and finally take them back to the apartment. She is really a great helper (except when mommy is in a hurry….oooppppss!!!!!!)
We are a bit busy around learning and having fun!!!! I can’t believe my baby girl is getting so big! ;(
Linking to:




















4 comments:
Love your language boxes. I can't wait for a detailed post. And the imagination/story box is so great. I guess I can start this one with Antek - first makig up the story myself just to show him how it works ;-). Pinky is such a great and cute little helper ;-)
Love
Ewa
What great birthday fun!
I love your organization with the letter boxes. Wonderful ideas!
I also love how much practical life skills that Pinky is doing! Great job Mom!
Kerri
Love Pinkys'smile! Nice language activities. Thank you for sharing.
I love your language boxes too! We group our letters together in the same way. If you are interested, I have a worksheet that goes along with s-m-a-t. You can find it here:
http://mymontessorimoments.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/object-box-smat/
I love your story box. I'm going to try that with my 4yo. I think he'll really enjoy it.
Post a Comment
Muchas gracias! Pinky-ou for leaving a comment! It sure makes our day...